Monday, December 30, 2013

Explorer


I wasn't planning on taking pictures on this day, but then I saw that the creek had flooded from our recent rainy days. I was like oooooooooh I can wear my galoshes and wade out there it'll be so cool socool! It was pretty cool, but I got a little cocky and went too far out... and had to walk back to the house with water in my shoes.




I had packed this dress away for winter ((neatly thrown on the floor of my closet)) because it's so light and summery, but if you'll notice, I'm bare legged in these shots. SC is throwing us these warm weather curveballs mid December. I wish I could say I'm not used to it, but that's just kindof how winters go around here. I keep seeing all you northerners and westerners in your snowy shots and I'm kinda jealous I won't be getting a white Christmas! And I'm afraid my hair is no longer pink by any stretch of the imagination.

In other news, my Dad's semi-homeless friend and his brother (from when we lived in VA 15 years ago) came and spent the night last night. Pretty weird sitch, but I always liked them, they're nice guys. They brought their dogs, too, much to Kit's disappointment!





I also put a filter on these... just messing around. I don't know what I want my style to be these days.

Dress, Cardigan: Thrifted
Boots: JuJu
Scarf: Knit by my sister



8 comments:

  1. I think the only way you find your style- sartorially or as a photographer- is experimenting, so add on a filter if you want! :D

    You make me jealous with your warm weather but you look nice and like you're having fun in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love these shots. And this dress. I'm glad you were able to pull out in winter!

    Hope you have a great NYE, Rachel! I'm seriously considering buying your F21 collared top, but my reasonable side is telling not to spend money. There MAY be a purchase from me later...maybe haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're such a sweetie! I'll maybe throw in an art print if you do ;)

      Delete
  3. Love those rain boots! And holy cow, every year I'm jealous of the snow I see in everyone's blogs!! It sucks. Then again, they'd probably welcome an unusual 70 degree day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are soo pretty! And I love those galoshes (I'm pretty sure I ordered the same ones from ASOS a while back, and was really disappointed when they didn't fit correctly)! Happy almost 2014 :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! I love that cardigan :)

    xox

    Kalie H.
    Kalieandgimli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only wish I could pull out a summer dress! It is in the negatives up here. I can't wait until I can wade in a creek again! Those are some darn cute galoshes though. What a fun color :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the colors in this! Your hair and those boots look so pretty together! And these photos wading in the creek are pretty dang cool... can't believe it's that warm there!
    Happy New Year!!!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete