Monday, March 25, 2013

VA

 So I got to go to Virgina over spring break to visit my family! I used to live in Herndon, which is pretty close to Washington DC, and my Dad's side of the family still lives in the area. I haven't really seen most of them since I moved away when I was 6, but it was totally fun and not even a little awkward!
 These first pictures are from a garden/arboretum near my aunt and uncle's house. I think it would have been prettier in the summer.
Emmy with a snow drop.
 Me and Dad on an uprooted tree.
 Me and Emma with our cousin, Claire! She was so fun.
 We went to a fabric store.
 And we hung out with a swan. His right wing was missing!
 Okay now this was seriously cool. We visited Luray caverns, this huge underground cave system. It was breathtaking to see all this beautiful stuff that's been under the earth for like, millions of years!
 Me in front of "Dream Lake" or "The Lake of Dreams" or something. It's like a big old puddle that looks deeper than it is because of the insane reflections.
 My Oma and Opa when they were young. I wish I got to know them better! I also wish I had her clothes.
 My Opa in the air force. He's in the center on the bottom there.


It was really so much fun, and I hope we get to go back and visit again!


8 comments:

  1. Its the beloved cat dress, hooray! This trip sounds so fun, I love you and your dad sitting on the fallen tree and the picture of your adorable Oma and Opa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a fun trip to see family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That swan knows what's up.

    I love your outfit! Especially the coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that cavern looks beautiful! I love that dress :).
    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your Oma looks so wonderful in that skirt! And its great nothing was awkward. I hate those moments. Especially with family.


    zuleyb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I think we are the same person. My family is from Virginia too (although we visit every year), I've been to Luray caverns-- the dream lake is gorgeous!!-- and I also had an Oma and Opa (who was also in the military). How is this possible??? It looks like you had lots of fun :)

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's crazy! We used to live up there, but we moved when I was 6.

      Delete