Friday, January 4, 2013

A Pinafore Saved...

I've been having good luck with my point and shoot lately. Until now.
It's cool though. What I really want to say is: I made this dress! This pinafore, actually. Pretty heavily inspired by Annika's handmade pinafore, I didn't really follow the tutorial. A circle skirt wouldn't have worked with stripey fabric, so I pleated it instead. I also realized while wearing it around that I forgot to finish the hem! Pff.
 You know how I said I lost this ring I got for Christmas the day after Christmas? Well I put it in my pocket at work, and when I got home I couldn't find it. I was so upset, until Emma found it the next day in the floor. Then while looking for my new lipstick the day after that, I remembered that I had put it in my pocket at work. And I couldn't find it.
I feel like such a dweeb when I have to learn the same lesson twice. Luckily I found the lipstick. (It fell out of the pocket I was sure I'd checked twice later that night.)
Okay, I want to complain about something. I love complaining.
I go look at the blog of every person that leaves a comment on one of my posts. Mostly because I like to see the person behind the comment, but also because I would want someone to check out my blog if I left them a comment. So it doesn't bother me so much when people are all like "check out my blog if you get the chance" at the end of their comment. 
But what does annoy me is when someone says "I like your blog! Want to follow each other?" Dude, if you like my blog, follow it. If I like yours, I'll do the same. Basically what you're saying is "I don't like your blog enough to follow it of my own volition, I need an incentive," and that's not nice. I don't want you to follow me just because I follow you! I want you to follow me if you want to follow me. Would you want me to follow you just because you followed me, and me not really be into your posts and just skip them? Why bother with that?
I'm sure the people who leave these comments don't mean anything bad by it, but that's the way it comes off to me.
 Anyway, school starts for me the 7th, and I've got a shop opening up this week! Exciting stuff!
 pinafore: handmade by me
tights: target 
boots: wanted via delias
tshirt: everlane
spike necklace: modcloth
ring: etsy
coat: wet seal






13 comments:

  1. I'm always so impressed by people who have made their clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable dress!! I get what you mean by these comments. I've gotten a few and I'm never impressed because what's the point of that. Is having followers all there is about blogs?

    Anyway, I haven't said hi before but I've been secretly reading your blog (mwahahah). I love how you've been making your clothes. I'm on a mission to start a sewing project for this year (starting this weekend!). Pretty excited about it and watch a few sewing blogs for inspiration, yours is one of them! :)

    -Zoée

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad you did say hi! I'm pretty amateur when it comes to sewing, but I love seeing other people's work, too!

      Delete
  3. So adorable! Dorothy-esque I would say :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress, you are so clever to have made it! I think I may have ago at making my own as I have been lusting after pinafores for ages now <3 Also I agree with the whole 'I'll follow you if you follow me' comments, they're all I get on my blog and it annoys the hell out of me :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo that turned out so cute! it totally reminds me of something cinderella would wear- especially with the sweet bows. and i totally side with you on your rant- i hate that too. usually i just mark them as spam haha. i would rather have followers that are into what i post and want to read what i write rather than just have a large number. isn't that what having a blog is all about?

    and yay for back to school shopping! any excuse to shop, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN, sista!
      Haha too bad I'll have to limit myself to like, food that you can microwave! I'm trying not to buy clothes so soon after Christmas but it's hard.

      Delete
  6. This pinafore is so cute! I love seeing the things you've made. And the bows on the side are the sweetest detail. Also: TELL ME ABOUT IT. I have those people. I try to look at every person's blog who comments on mine, except those people because it's just annoying. It's good to know that even if they DO like me, they'll only follow if I follow them. So so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the feminine vs "tough-ish" boots and red lip stick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, what a sweet pinafore! You have some serious creative talents, girl. You picked the prettiest shade of blue!
    Of course I agree about the comment stuff. I've been surprised at how many of those types of comments I get too-It's like they don't even look at your post, they just scroll and copy and paste a generic comment onto everyone's blog. Oh well, what can you do?
    So glad I found your blog though dear, and I always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg RACHEL! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this pinafore!! I really need to make one myself now! :D

    ReplyDelete