Friday, June 29, 2012

Postsecret

I've been wanting to add some variety to this blog. So today I thought I'd share one of my favorite things with you!
I know this isn't news or anything, but if you haven't heard of postsecret, it's a project started by Frank Warren, where you send in your anonymous secret. He posts them ever sunday on postsecret.com, and he's made books filled with 'em. I always save my favorites to my hard drive. Here are a few of them.
 There's this girl I kindof know. And she really bugs me. She's smart, beautiful, funny, talented at everything, and to top it off, she's really nice. So I can't hate her!
Recently, she shared a postsecret with someone over facebook, and it was one of the ones I saved to my computer! At first I was annoyed to have anything in common with her. But then I thought, I have a lot in common with her. I'm smart and talented! Though probably not as saintly, we're really not all that different. And that, I think, is the beauty of postsecret. Not only is it interesting, it unifies us. We realize the things we share with anonymous people from all over the world who have the same secrets we do, or the similar tastes we have with people who we think we don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment