Sunday, June 10, 2012

Collar Number One!

 Here's a post to show off the new collar I made!
 I love those lacy beady detachable collars I've been seeing around the internet. You know the ones! But I haven't been able to find them in any of the stores I shop at (that means Goodwill and, like, Target). So I made one! 
First, I cut out two teardrop shaped pieces of a stiff white felt. I used felt because it doesn't fray, so you don't have to sew the edges like you would with fabric.
Then I got a chain that fit around my neck, and sewed it to the back of the felt pieces.
Then I sewed some beads to the front of the collar. That took awhile, but it really was simple!
This is the first outfit I wore with it.
I love the way they dress up any plain neckline!
I took these pictures out in my Mom's garden, which she is very proud of, and for good reason!

jean dress and shoes-thrifted
shirt and socks-old navy
belt-delias
collar necklace-handmade woohoo!





No comments:

Post a Comment